Saturday, June 2, 2007

Trip A

Fri July 20
Jerusalem->Eilat

Sat July 21
Eilat -- Sabbath is apparently lax in the Negev region generally and Eiylat in particular. Open air bars by the sea after 3 weeks of sabbath-closings might be a refreshing change of pace.

Sun July 22
Eilat -- lots of potential day trips (into the Negev or diving in the Red Sea or Petra or reading and relaxing in the sun)

Mon July 23
Eilat->Mitzpe Ramon (Negev) -- ecotourist, artist town with galleries, stores, and easy access to the Maktesh Ramon crater for trails and day hikes. Also, lots of different accommodation styles.

Tue July 24
Mitzpe Ramon -- Daytrips into the Negev.

Wed July 25
Mitzpe Ramon->Tel Aviv -- One last day/night of Israeli nightlife by the Mediterranean

Thu July 26
Tel Aviv Flight - 4PM
New York Arrival 830PM

2 comments:

post festum said...

Here are three basic trip outlines to help us all get down to details. I'm currently leaning toward Trip A as the most flexible with the least travel hassle. But I'm open to changing my mind!

Angelique said...

I see you've been reading the book. It's great isn't it!?

I am also most inclined to choose trip A or a slight variation thereof. I am most intrigued by the Negev, and I think the man is too.

I definately want to take a trip to the dead sea, but I can do that as a day trip during our three weeks there, I can even do it while the hubby is there. It's not something I would want to do more than a day anyway.

I also don't want to rule out Galilee, but it might be possible to visit that also as a day trip. I know the hubby is thinking about going up there by himself for a day or two. I think though, that I would be just fine if we just stayed in the Negev region.

The hubby and I definately want to stay in one of those bedouin tents in Mitzpe Ramon and spend some time on camels. So even if we all go there together and stay in different places that would be fine too.